Loopers and drum machines have changed the way you can practice your guitar. In this article I present the Groove Looper X2 guitar pedal, which has many features that will make your life easier.
The Groove looper X2 is a combo pedal: it has the fatures of a nice looper as well as a very advanced drum machine. You can benefit from both these functions, or you can use only one of them as needed.
You can also use this pedal either for home practice or for stage. It has all the features you need, and almost all features that you can find on more expensive pedals.
Looper Features for the Groove X2
The looper is impressive. It packs a lot of functionality, with 14 slots to save your compositions. Each slot has 10 minutes, so this gives you more than 2 hours of recording.
Another useful feature of the looper is the ability to change the tempo of the recording. The time stretch functionality allows one to slow down or increase the speed of a loop, without losing sound quality.
Using the Drum Machine
The drum machine is also quite robust and varied. You can choose from among 11 musical styles, which cover the most popular and modern music. Some features of the drummer include count in, fills, and fading out. These are features that make your music sound professional.
Each style contains further 11 variations of drum pattern. This will give you enough variety to record pretty much any popular song. These features are easy to select using front knobs.
Another way to set up the drum machine is by tapping the desired tempo, and starting the drum machine to match the desired speed. If you’re using the looper, you can even avoid all this, since the pedal can automatically detect tempo from the recorded loop.
This new version of the Groove Loop adds a few more features. They make the product more flexible for new and experienced users. One of these features is split stereo input and output. This allows you to decide the best format for your I/O, with independent sound channels.
Another feature is the ability to split the loop and drum kit sounds. With this ability, you can perform separate processing of the guitar and/or drums. This will make your sound more professional.
Modes of Operation for the Groove Loop X2
There are a number of modes that can be activated when using the drummer kit.
One of the modes in the “count in”: basically, it will count to start the recording/drumming.
The second mode of operation is the automatic mode: in this case, the drum/looper will start as soon as you start to play. This is very useful to simplify the recording process, since you don’t need to worry when to start the record.
The last mode is the standard, where you can determine the beginning of the loop/drum session using the foot pedal.
Another important feature for a modern looper is to access your data from a computer. The Groove Loop X2 allows you to connect the looper via a USB port.
Using the connection, the guitar player can upload created loops, or save data created in the computer.
A special editor software is made available, so you can connect to the device using the USB connection.
Summary Of Features
- Easy to use with TIME STRETCH function allows users to change the speed of playback without affecting the pitch. Audio playback and drum machine audio can be separated into two different outputs
- Groove Loop X2 packs in a huge variety of drum grooves separated by 11 different genres, each with 11 different variations that can be easily selected with the included GENRE and PATTERN knobs.
- Drum machine tempo can be set manually by Tap Tempo or when used in combination with the Looper, tempo will be automatically detected while playing.
- Groove Loop X2 edition of the Groove Loop also adds many requested features such as split stereo inputs and outputs. Looper and Drum machine can also be split to two different outputs for added flexibility
- Audio playback and drum machine audio can be separated into two different outputs. Three different recording mode: Count-in mode. automatic mode and normal mode.
- The X2 looper features a whopping 14 save slots that can store loops of up to 10 minutes in length in each slot. Looper controls are familiar and flexible with the ability to toggle count-in mode on/off and an automatic mode that detects and begins the looper once an instrument signal is detected.
- On the drum machine, the Groove Loop packs in a huge variety of drum grooves separated by 11 different genres, each with 11 different variations that can be easily selected with the included GENRE and PATTERN knobs. Drum machine tempo can be set manually by Tap Tempo or when used in combination with the Looper, tempo will be automatically detected while playing.
- It supports editor software for exporting and importing audio files. It is more convenient for home practice and record your inspiration.